High Ketones, High Glucose On Urine Dipstick
- Treat with a hypoglycemic such as fenugreek seeds/powder -up to 400 mg or 25 seeds are safe or Diabogen powder..
- Use 50/50 Pedialyte/Water solution in water bottle.
- High protein, high fiber, low diet
High Ketones, Low Or No Glucose On Urine Dipstick
- Treat with 50/50 Pedialyte/Water solution and high protein, high fiber, low fat diet.
No Ketones, High Glucose On Urine Dipstick
- Treat with only hypoglycemics, plain water (no Pedilyte) and absolutely NO SUGAR (dextrose, maltose, corn etc.).
- High protein, low fat, high fiber diet.
- Hypoglycemics include fenugreek or Diabogen powder, buckwheat (comes in pasta, whole or flour form), cinnamon powder, and spirulina
- Glipizide or injectable insulin (prescription drugs)
Good Protein Sources For Hamsters
- Tofu (firm or medium firm is best)
- Roasted soybeans, unsalted
- Chicken baby food (with broth, no seasoned)
- Spirulina and /or seaweed (roasted laver, no salt or salt removed)
- Boiled chicken breast or turkey
- Egg whites with tiny bit of cooked egg yolk, boiled, scrambled, fried in small amount of olive oil.
- Flax seed
- Low fat cheeses (not process)
- Low fat, plain yogurt
- Tuna in water, drained